Think® is the chair with a brain and a conscience.
It’s intelligent enough to understand how you sit and adjust itself intuitively. It’s thoughtful enough to measure and minimize its lifelong impact on the environment. In fact, the Think chair is the first-ever certified level™ 3 product, the highest BIFMA e3 standard. The Think chair is also the first product to ever receive Cradle to Cradle™ Product Certification from McDonough Braungart Design Chemistry’s (MBDC). Designed by Glen Oliver Low.
The Think chair’s ergonomic features include:
a. Your Profile™ Seat and Back
The back flexors are individually shaped to the human form to provide optimum support for each area of the back. Seat flexors conform to your shape, providing a dynamic comfort pocket.
b. Your Power™ Mechanism
The Your Power Mechanism moves as fluidly as the human body does. It provides recline support in proportion to your own body weight, while keeping you oriented to your work.
c. Adjustable Arms
The Think chair’s adjustable arms pivot and move up and down to provide natural support and will retract up to three inches, allowing you to get closer to your work.
d. Flexible Seat Edge
When you recline or lean forward, the seat edge flexes to relieve pressure on the back of the legs.
e. Your Preference™ Control
The Your Preference Control combines four comfort settings into one simple dial. Select your favorite setting: weight activated, weight activated with at 20% boost, mid-stop recline, and upright back lock.
Designed by Glen Oliver Löw
German designer Glen Oliver Löw says of the creation of the Think chair, “Design isn’t just about style. It’s about integrity of materials, functional integrity and intent. Think is a truthful chair – the result of open dialogue between engineers, environmentalists, and the designer.”
The Think chair has a range of functional and aesthetic options:
- 3D Knit back is available in six colors. Matching seat upholstery is available, or create your own look by choosing any of the thousands of Steelcase and Designtex fabrics, leathers, and vinyls.
- Available with a fully-upholstered seat and back
- Polished aluminum base – bling, bling
- Optional adjustable headrest, which can be added or removed at any time
- Optional adjustable lumbar, which can be added or removed at any time
- Fixed arms
- Adjustable arms
- Two frame finish colors are available: black and platinum
The Think chair has been tested for up to 300 lbs.
The Think chair is backed by the Steelcase North America Lifetime Warranty.
Articles and Reviews
Think Chair Review (coming soon)
- Red Dot Award for Product Design, (Germany)
- Good Design Award (The Chicago Athenaeum Museum of Architecture and Design)
- iF Design Award (Germany)
- Enterprise & Environment Award for best French eco-product designed for the environment, awarded by the French Minister of Ecology and Sustainability (Pollutec)
- Editor’s Choice Award (NeoCon)
- Sustainable Design: Gold Award (IIDEX)
- Innovative Product: Gold Award (IIDEX)
- Workstation Seating: Silver Award (IIDEX) (BusinessWeek magazine and Industrial Designers Society of America)